(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT MON JUL 28 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Hernan, located a few hundred miles west-southwest of the southern
tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. An area of low pressure located about 1400 miles east of the Big
Island of Hawaii is producing limited shower activity.
Environmental conditions are expected to remain unfavorable for
significant development of this system during the next several days
as it moves westward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. An area of low pressure could form well south or southwest of
southern Mexico later this week. Some gradual development of this
system is possible after that time as the system moves generally
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.