(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT SUN JUL 27 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Hernan, located several hundred miles south-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with an area of low
pressure located about 1500 miles east-southeast of the Big Island
of Hawaii has become less organized during the past few hours.
Upper-level winds are expected to remain unfavorable for development
during the next couple of days while the low moves westward at
around 10 mph. By midweek the system is expected to move westward
into an area of cooler waters in the central Pacific basin that will
be unfavorable for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
2. An area of low pressure could form well south or southwest of
southern Mexico by later this week. Some gradual development of this
system is possible after that time while it moves
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.