(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT SUN JUL 27 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center has issued its last advisory on
Tropical Depression Genevieve, located more than a thousand miles
east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Future advisories on
Genevieve will be issued by the Central Pacific Hurricane Center.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Hernan, located several hundred miles south of the southern
tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Shower activity associated with a well-defined low pressure area
located about 1475 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of the
Baja California peninsula remains poorly organized. Upper-level
winds are currently unfavorable for development, but they could
become a little more conducive in a few days while the low moves
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. An area of low pressure could form well south of southern Mexico
in a few days. Some gradual development of this system is possible
after that time while it moves west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.