ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Fri Sep 15 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Lee, located a couple of hundred miles west-northwest of Bermuda,
and on Hurricane Margot, located over the central Atlantic.
1. Central Tropical Atlantic (AL97):
Showers and thunderstorms have become more concentrated in
association with a broad low pressure area located about midway
between the Cabo Verde Islands and the Lesser Antilles.
Environmental conditions remain conducive for additional
development, and this system is expected to become a tropical
depression within the next day or so while it moves
west-northwestward to northwestward at 10 to 15 mph across the
central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...90 percent.
2. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave is forecast to emerge off the west coast of Africa
by the middle part of next week. Some gradual development of this
system is possible thereafter as it continues moving westward
across the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...20 percent.