ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Mon Sep 11 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Lee, located a few hundred miles north of the northern Leeward
Islands, and on Tropical Storm Margot, located over the central
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic (AL97):
A weak area of low pressure located several hundred miles to the
west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is producing limited and
disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity well to the west of
its center. Additional development of this system is becoming
increasingly unlikely before it merges with a tropical wave to its
east during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.
2. Eastern and Central Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave located over the far eastern tropical Atlantic
between the Cabo Verde Islands and the west coast of Africa is
producing some disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions appear conducive for gradual development of this system
during the latter part of the week, and a tropical depression could
form by the weekend while it moves westward to west-northwestward at
15 to 20 mph over the central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...medium...50 percent.