ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sun Sep 10 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Lee, located a few hundred miles north of the northern Leeward
Islands, and on Tropical Storm Margot, located over the central
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic (AL97):
Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a weak area of low
pressure, located a few hundred miles to the west-southwest of the
Cabo Verde Islands, remains disorganized and has become increasingly
displaced from the center. This system is forecast to merge with a
larger tropical wave to its east in a couple of days and additional
development before that time is becoming increasingly unlikely.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.
2. Eastern and Central Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave located over the far eastern tropical Atlantic just
west of the coast of Africa is producing disorganized cloudiness and
showers. Environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual
development of this system during the latter part of this week, and
a tropical depression could form by next weekend as it moves
westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph over the central
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...medium...50 percent.