ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Thu Aug 31 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Franklin, located a few hundred miles northeast of Bermuda, on
Tropical Storm Idalia, located off the coast of North Carolina, and
on Tropical Storm Jose, located several hundred miles east of
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic (AL94):
An area of low pressure located just west of the Cabo Verde Islands
continues to produce showers and thunderstorms with some signs of
organization. Environmental conditions appear conducive for further
development of this system, and a tropical depression is likely to
form during the next day or two while the system moves northwestward
at 10 to 15 mph across the eastern tropical Atlantic. Interests in
the Cabo Verde Islands should monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...80 percent.
2. Central Subtropical Atlantic (Remnants of Gert):
A small area of low pressure located several hundred miles
north-northeast of the northern Leeward Islands is producing small
bursts of showers and thunderstorms to the south of its center. This
system has a short window for further development during the next
day or so while it drifts northeastward or eastward, before
upper-level winds become increasingly unfavorable by the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...30 percent.
3. Eastern and Central Tropical Atlantic:
An area of low pressure could develop over the eastern tropical
Atlantic early next week in association with a tropical wave.
Environmental conditions could support some gradual development of
this system through the middle part of next week while it moves
westward to west-northwestward over the eastern and central portions
of the tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...20 percent.