ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Wed Aug 30 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Franklin, located north of Bermuda, on recently downgraded Tropical
Storm Idalia, located over southern South Carolina, and on Tropical
Depression Eleven, located several hundred miles east-southeast of
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic (AL94):
An area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave located near
the Cabo Verde Islands is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual
development of this system, and a tropical depression is likely to
form later this week while the system moves west-northwestward to
northwestward across the eastern tropical Atlantic. Interests in
the Cabo Verde Islands should monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...70 percent.
2. Central Subtropical Atlantic (Remnants of Gert):
Showers and thunderstorms associated with a trough of low pressure
(the remnants of Gert) are located several hundred miles north of
the northern Leeward Islands. Environmental conditions are becoming
unfavorable for additional development as the system drifts
northward or north-northeastward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.