ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Wed Aug 30 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Franklin, located a couple hundred miles northwest of Bermuda, on
Hurricane Idalia, located over southeastern Georgia, and on Tropical
Depression Eleven, located several hundred miles east-southeast of
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic (AL94):
A broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave located
near the Cabo Verde Islands is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual
development of this system, and a tropical depression is likely to
form later this week while the system moves west-northwestward to
northwestward across the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...medium...60 percent.
2. Central Subtropical Atlantic (Remnants of Gert):
Showers and thunderstorms associated with a trough of low pressure
(the remnants of Gert) are located several hundred miles north of
the northern Leeward Islands. Environmental conditions are becoming
unfavorable for additional development as the system drifts
northward or north- northeastward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.