ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Wed Oct 17 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Satellite-derived winds and surface observations indicate that an
elongated low pressure system is located about 100 miles south of
the Mexico-Guatemala border. Although associated showers and
thunderstorms remain disorganized, environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for additional development, and a tropical
depression or a tropical storm is likely to form during the next
day or two. The system is forecast to move generally toward the
west-northwest at 10 to 15 mph for the next several days, near or
just offshore the coast of southern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A weak and nearly stationary area of low pressure located about
900 miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula continues to produce disorganized shower activity. Any
development should be slow to occur while the system drifts
northward or north-northeastward during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.