ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sun Oct 2 2022
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave located several hundred miles south of the Cabo
Verde Islands continues to produce disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to be favorable
for some gradual development during the next several days.
Therefore, a tropical depression is likely to form during the early
or middle part of next week while the system moves westward, then
turns northwestward or northward toward the end of the week over the
eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Central Tropical Atlantic:
Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a tropical wave
located several hundred miles east of the Windward Islands has
increased over the past day or so. Some gradual development of the
wave is possible during the next few days while it moves generally
westward at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Forecaster D. Zelinsky