ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sat Sep 8 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Florence, located over the central Atlantic Ocean, on Tropical
Storm Helene, located roughly about 150 miles southeast of the
Cabo Verde Islands, and on newly upgraded Tropical Storm Isaac,
located over the eastern Atlantic.
1. Shower and thunderstorm activity has diminished in association with
a trough of low pressure over the western Atlantic near Bermuda.
Significant development of this system is unlikely due to
increasingly strong upper-level winds over the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A non-tropical area of low pressure is forecast to form in the
northeastern Atlantic Ocean several hundred miles west-southwest of
the Azores in a few days. Some slow tropical or subtropical
development is possible by the middle of next week while the low
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Isaac are issued under WMO
header WTNT34 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT4.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Isaac are issued under WMO
header WTNT24 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT4.