ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sun Sep 8 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Post-Tropical
Cyclone Dorian, located over Atlantic Canada, and on Tropical Storm
Gabrielle, located over the central Atlantic Ocean.
1. A broad area of low pressure and an associated tropical wave are
producing showers and thunderstorms several hundred miles west of
the Cabo Verde Islands. Some slow development of this system is
possible during the next several days while the low moves westward
across the central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms located a few
hundred miles north and northeast of the northern Leeward Islands is
associated with a trough of low pressure. Strong upper-level winds
are expected to prevent the development of this system during the
next few days while it moves west-northwestward to the north of the
Leeward Islands and Puerto Rico. By mid week, environmental
conditions could become more conducive for development when the
disturbance reaches the southwestern Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.