ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Mon Sep 24 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on recently
downgraded Tropical Depression Kirk, located several hundred miles
west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands, and on Subtropical Storm
Leslie located more than 1000 miles west of the Azores.
1. A broad area of low pressure located about midway between Bermuda
and the Bahamas continues to produce a limited amount of shower and
thunderstorm activity. Environmental conditions are forecast to
become slightly more conducive for development during the next
couple of days while the system moves west-northwestward to
northwestward. By Tuesday night and Wednesday, upper-level winds
are expected to increase, limiting the chances for additional
development, while the system moves northward near the southeastern
United States coast.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A non-tropical low pressure system is expected to form north of
Subtropical Storm Leslie along a cold front over the central
Atlantic by Wednesday. Leslie and the non-tropical low are expected
to merge over the central Atlantic, where conditions appear
conducive for the low to acquire tropical or subtropical
characteristics by the end of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
Public Advisories on Leslie are issued under WMO header WTNT33
KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT3. Forecast/Advisories on
Leslie are issued under WMO header WTNT23 KNHC and under AWIPS