ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 AM EDT FRI SEP 9 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A large but disorganized area of disturbed weather located about 800
miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated with a
westward-moving tropical wave. Some gradual development of this
system is possible during the next several days, and a tropical
depression could form while this system moves west-northwestward and
northwestward into the central Atlantic by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent
2. An area of disorganized cloudiness and showers extending a couple
hundred miles east-northeast of the northern Leeward Islands is
associated with a weak disturbance. Surface pressures remain high
in this area, and there are no signs of a surface circulation.
During the next few days, this system is expected to move west-
northwestward at 15 to 20 mph, and conditions are not expected to be
conducive for significant development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent