ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sun Sep 3 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Gert, located over the central subtropical Atlantic, and
Tropical Storm Katia, located over the eastern subtropical Atlantic.
1. Central Tropical Atlantic (AL95):
Showers and thunderstorms associated with a tropical wave located
several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands have
become better organized since yesterday. Environmental conditions
are forecast to be conducive for further development, and this
system is expected to become a tropical depression around midweek.
Additional strengthening is likely late this week while the system
moves westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph over the
central and western portions of the tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...90 percent.
2. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave over western Africa is forecast to move offshore in
a few days. Environmental conditions could support some slow
development starting midweek while the wave moves to the west-
northwestward at about 15 mph over the far eastern tropical
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...30 percent.