ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 PM EDT WED SEP 14 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ian, located well to the east of Bermuda, on Tropical Storm
Julia, near southeastern Georgia, and on newly formed Tropical
Depression Twelve, located near the Cabo Verde Islands.
1. A weak area of low pressure over the central Gulf of Mexico is
producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions are not expected to be conducive for significant
development of this low while it moves westward toward the Texas
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent
2. A tropical wave is expected to move off of the west coast of Africa
by late Friday, and then move generally west-northwestward over the
far eastern Atlantic. Conditions are expected to be conducive for
development of this system after it moves offshore but could become
less favorable by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Julia are issued under WMO
header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Julia are issued under WMO
header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Twelve are issued under WMO
header WTNT32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT2.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Twelve are issued under
WMO header WTNT22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT2.