ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sat Oct 3 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Marie, located about 1150 miles west of the southern tip of the Baja
1. An elongated area of low pressure is located several hundred miles
south of the southwestern coast of Mexico. Shower and thunderstorm
activity associated with this disturbance has increased during the
past few hours. Additional development of this system is possible
and a tropical depression could form by the middle of next week
while it moves slowly northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure could form south-southeast of the
Gulf of Tehuantepec region early next week. Gradual development of
this system is possible thereafter while it drifts northward
offshore of the southern coasts of Mexico and Guatemala.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.