ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Aug 4 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Offshore of Southern Mexico:
A broad low pressure area located offshore of the coasts of
Guatemala and southern Mexico continues to produce widespread, but
disorganized, shower activity. Environmental conditions appear
conducive for development of this system, and a tropical depression
is likely to form during the next couple of days. The system is
forecast to move generally west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over
the weekend and into early next week, remaining well offshore of
the coasts of southern and southwestern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Well Southeast of the Main Hawaiian Islands:
Another area of low pressure is forecast to form over the far
western portion of the eastern Pacific basin by this weekend. Some
gradual development of this system is forecast, and a tropical
depression could form early next week while it moves westward toward
and into the central Pacific basin.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.