WTUS84 KMRX 291903
Post-Tropical Cyclone Zeta Local Statement
Intermediate Advisory Number 20A
National Weather Service Morristown TN AL282020
303 PM EDT Thu Oct 29 2020
This product covers East Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, And Extreme Southwest North Carolina
**All tropical storm warnings cancelled**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- All watches and warnings have been canceled
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
- About 440 miles east-northeast of Chattanooga TN
- 37.8N 78.2W
- Storm Intensity 50 mph
- Movement East-northeast or 60 degrees at 53 mph
Tropical Storm Zeta has moved northeast out of the area. All tropical
storm warnings have been cancelled.
Little to no additional impacts are anticipated at this time across
East Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, And Extreme Southwest North
Follow the advice of local officials.
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
When clearing out fallen trees, be careful with chainsaws and axes.
Always wear protective gear and keep others at a safe distance.
Leaning trees and those which have fallen on roofs or power lines can
be especially dangerous. If you are not in good health or unsure
about what you are doing, have someone with tree cutting experience
do the job. Never cut trees without a partner.
If using a generator, avoid carbon monoxide poisoning by following
instructions provided by the manufacturer. Operate your generator in
a well-ventilated space outside of your living area and away from
open doors and windows.
* ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- For information on appropriate preparations see ready.gov
- For information on creating an emergency plan see getagameplan.org
- For additional disaster preparedness information see redcross.org
As it pertains to this event...this will be the last local statement
issued by the National Weather Service in Morristown TN regarding the
effects of tropical cyclone hazards upon the area.