WTUS84 KHUN 081522
Tropical Depression Nate Local Statement Advisory Number 17
National Weather Service Huntsville AL AL162017
1022 AM CDT Sun Oct 8 2017
This product covers The Tennessee Valley
**Tropical Storm Watch has been cancelled.**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- The Tropical Storm Watch has been cancelled for Cullman, De
Kalb, Marshall, and Morgan
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
- About 120 miles south-southwest of Huntsville AL or about 40
miles southwest of Birmingham AL
- 33.1N 87.3W
- Storm Intensity 35 mph
- Movement North-northeast or 30 degrees at 24 mph
Nate has weakened to a Tropical Depression and will move northeast over
the eastern portion of the area later today. Due to this weakening, the
Tropical Storm Watch has been cancelled. Moderate to heavy rainfall
will continue at times through the afternoon hours, with an additional
1 to 3 inches of rain possible. Winds are expected to be 20 to 25 mph
with higher gusts up to 40 to 45 mph, especially across the higher
terrain of northeast Alabama and southern middle Tennessee.
Little to no impacts are anticipated at this time.
* FLOODING RAIN:
Additional impacts from flooding rain are still a concern across
northeast Alabama. Remain well guarded against locally hazardous flood
waters having further impacts of limited potential.
Prepare for a tornado event having possible limited impacts across the
portions of northeast Alabama. Potential impacts include:
- A few places may experience tornado damage, along with power
and communications disruptions.
Elsewhere across The Tennessee Valley, little to no impact is
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
Gusty winds may cause damage to trees and power lines through the
afternoon. Secure all unsecured lightweight objects as these could be
blown about by the wind. Any high profile vehicles traveling over
roadways in higher elevations may also be susceptible to being blown over.
* ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- For information on appropriate preparations see ready.gov
- For information on creating an emergency plan see getagameplan.org
- For additional disaster preparedness information see redcross.org
As it pertains to this event...this will be the last local statement
issued by the National Weather Service in Huntsville AL regarding the
effects of tropical cyclone hazards upon the area.