WTUS82 KTBW 170301
Tropical Storm Fred Local Statement Advisory Number 30
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL AL062021
1101 PM EDT Mon Aug 16 2021
This product covers West Central and Southwest Florida
**STORM SURGE WARNING CANCELLED FOR COASTAL LEVY COUNTY**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- All watches and warnings have been canceled
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
- About 190 miles northwest of Cedar Key FL
- 31.2N 85.2W
- Storm Intensity 40 mph
- Movement North-northeast or 15 degrees at 12 mph
Tropical Storm Fred continues to move inland through southern Georgia
and Alabama and continues to weaken.
Little to no additional impacts are anticipated at this time
across West Central and Southwest Florida. A Coastal Flood
Advisory is in effect for Levy, Citrus, and Hernando Counties.
Elsewhere across West Central and Southwest Florida, little to no
impact is anticipated.
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
Check on your neighbors. If necessary, help them connect with their
points of contact.
Do not go sightseeing within impacted communities. Sightseers
interfere with the emergency work of first responders.
When inspecting damage, use flashlights rather than candles or flamed
lanterns. Be aware of sparks that can ignite natural gas or other
Problems with sewer backups can further contaminate standing flood
waters. Keep children away from flood waters. Also, listen for boil
water alerts as tap water may have become non-potable.
Be alert for potential flooding from rising rivers and streams which
may have yet to crest. Remain informed of the latest river forecasts
and heed any flood watches and warnings.
Be alert for flooded roads which could be compromised or littered
with debris. Avoid travel until water levels subside and roads have
been cleared. Do not drive through places where flood waters cover
the road. Turn around, don't drown!
* ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- For information on appropriate preparations see ready.gov
- For information on creating an emergency plan see getagameplan.org
- For additional disaster preparedness information see redcross.org
As it pertains to this event...this will be the last local statement
issued by the National Weather Service in Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
regarding the effects of tropical cyclone hazards upon the area.