WTUS82 KTBW 281227
Subtropical Storm Alberto Local Statement
Intermediate Advisory Number 13A
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin FL AL012018
827 AM EDT Mon May 28 2018
This product covers West Central and Southwest Florida
**ALL TROPICAL WATCHES AND WARNINGS ARE CANCELLED FOR WEST CENTRAL AND
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- All watches and warnings have been canceled
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
- About 180 miles west of Cedar Key FL or about 220 miles
west-northwest of Mouth of Tampa Bay FL
- 29.0N 86.0W
- Storm Intensity 65 mph
- Movement North or 360 degrees at 6 mph
Subtropical Storm Alberto continues to move away from the local area
over the northern Gulf of Mexico with impacts diminishing. Rip currents
at area beaches and rough conditions over the coastal waters will
continue through the day.
Little to no additional impacts are anticipated at this time across
West Central and Southwest Florida. Across Levy and Citrus counties,
some minor coastal flooding of up to 2 feet will be possible.
Do not enter evacuated areas until officials have given the all clear
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
Be alert for any lingering wind gusts which could take down weakened
trees and/or power lines, collapse damaged structures, or cause flying
Be alert for potential flooding from rising rivers and streams which
may have yet to crest. Remain informed of the latest river forecasts
and heed any flood watches and warnings.
Be alert for flooded roads which could be compromised or littered
with debris. Avoid travel until water levels subside and roads have
been cleared. Do not drive through places where flood waters cover
the road. Turn around, don't drown!
* ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- For information on appropriate preparations see ready.gov
- For information on creating an emergency plan see getagameplan.org
- For additional disaster preparedness information see redcross.org
As it pertains to this event...this will be the last local statement
issued by the National Weather Service in Tampa Bay Ruskin FL
regarding the effects of tropical cyclone hazards upon the area.