WTUS82 KMFL 101212
Tropical Storm Nicole Local Statement Intermediate Advisory Number 13A
National Weather Service Miami FL AL172022
712 AM EST Thu Nov 10 2022
This product covers South Florida
**All Land Wind Warnings Cancelled Across South Florida. Coastal Flooding
Concerns Remain but Lessening.**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- All watches and warnings have been canceled
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
- About 130 miles northwest of West Palm Beach FL
- 28.1N 81.6W
- Storm Intensity 60 mph
- Movement West-northwest or 295 degrees at 14 mph
Tropical Storm Nicole made landfall overnight at North Hutchinson
Island on the east-central Florida coast, and continues to weaken
while also moving northwestward away from our area.
The following are the primary lingering hazards of concern with
* Coastal Flooding/Surge - Water levels will be decreasing over the
east coast from those observed on Wednesday as the wind direction
shifts offshore. However, some residual minor to locally moderate
tidal flooding will be possible around this morning's and evening's
high tide with inundation values well under 3 ft. Additionally some minor
inundations will be possible over the west coast of Florida as winds
will have a strong onshore component there.
Little to no additional surge impacts expected.
- Community officials are now assessing the extent of actual
surge impacts accordingly.
- Emergency response teams are attending to casualty situations
- Emergency work crews are restoring essential community
infrastructure as necessary.
- If you have an emergency dial 9 1 1.
Do not enter evacuated areas until officials have given the all
clear to return.
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
Remain safely sheltered until conditions improve. When going outside
be sure to stay away from downed power lines, hazardous debris and
* ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- For information on appropriate preparations see ready.gov
- For information on creating an emergency plan see getagameplan.org
- For additional disaster preparedness information see redcross.org
As it pertains to this event...this will be the last local statement
issued by the National Weather Service in Miami FL regarding the
effects of tropical cyclone hazards upon the area.