WTUS82 KFFC 291535
Tropical Storm Zeta Local Statement Intermediate Advisory Number 19A
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA AL282020
1135 AM EDT Thu Oct 29 2020
This product covers NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA
**Tropical Storm Zeta Moving Away From Georgia**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- All watches and warnings have been canceled
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
- About 90 miles north of Athens GA or about 120 miles
north-northeast of Atlanta GA
- 35.3N 83.5W
- Storm Intensity 60 mph
- Movement Northeast or 40 degrees at 39 mph
Little to no additional impacts are anticipated at this time across
NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA.
Do not enter evacuated areas until officials have given the all clear
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
When going outside be sure to stay away from downed power lines,
hazardous debris and flooded areas.
Check on your neighbors. If necessary, help them connect with their
points of contact.
Do not go sightseeing within impacted communities. Sightseers
interfere with the emergency work of first responders.
If using a generator, avoid carbon monoxide poisoning by following
instructions provided by the manufacturer. Operate your generator in
a well-ventilated space outside of your living area and away from
open doors and windows.
Be alert for any lingering wind gusts which could take down weakened
trees and/or power lines, collapse damaged structures, or cause flying
Be alert for potential flooding from rising rivers and streams which
may have yet to crest. Remain informed of the latest river forecasts
and heed any flood watches and warnings.
* ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- For information on creating an emergency plan see ready.ga.gov
- For information on appropriate preparations see ready.gov
- For additional disaster preparedness information see redcross.org
As it pertains to this event...this will be the last local statement
issued by the National Weather Service in Peachtree City GA regarding
the effects of tropical cyclone hazards upon the area.