This product is updated at approximately
5 AM, 11 AM, 5 PM, and 11 PM PDT
from May 15 to November 30, with special outlooks issued at any time as conditions warrant.
The graphic describes potential new tropical cyclone formation only;
currently active cyclones are not shown.
Mousing over the shadded areas displays details on each disturbance;
clicking on the shaded areas or disturbance numbers toggles a view of a single or multiple disturbances.
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT TUE JUL 7 2015
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a large area of low
pressure located about 1300 miles east-southeast of the Big Island
of Hawaii have continued to become better organized, and satellite
wind data indicate that the surface circulation has become a little
better defined overnight. Environmental conditions are expected to
be conducive for further development, and a tropical cyclone will
likely form later today or tonight while the system moves west-
northwestward at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred miles
south of southern Mexico later this week. Some development of this
system is possible by this weekend while the low moves west-
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent