(mouse over weather symbols for details; click on weather symbols or disturbance numbers to switch views)
This product is updated at approximately
5 AM, 11 AM, 5 PM, and 11 PM PDT
from May 15 to November 30. Special outlooks may be issued as conditions warrant.
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT SAT JUL 26 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Genevieve, located more than a thousand miles east-southeast
of the Big Island of Hawaii, and on newly formed Tropical Depression
Eight-E located a few hundred miles southwest of the southwestern
coast of Mexico.
1. Shower activity associated with a low pressure area located about
1250 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula is becoming better organized, and a tropical depression
could be forming. If this trend continues, advisories will be
initiated later today. However, upper-level winds are forecast to
become highly unfavorable tonight or Sunday, and this could halt
additional development of the system as it moves westward at about
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form well south of southern
Mexico late this weekend. Some gradual development of this system
is possible after that time.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public Advisories on Eight-E are issued under WMO header WTPZ33 KNHC
and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP3. Forecast/Advisories are issued
under WMO header WTPZ23 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP3.