(mouse over weather symbols for details; click on weather symbols or disturbance numbers to switch views)
This product is updated at approximately
5 AM, 11 AM, 5 PM, and 11 PM PDT
from May 15 to November 30. Special outlooks may be issued as conditions warrant.
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT MON JUL 28 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Hernan, located a few hundred miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. An area of low pressure located about 1350 miles east of the Big
Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized showers and a few
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to remain
unfavorable for significant development of this system during the
next several days as it moves westward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. An area of low pressure could form well south or southwest of
southern Mexico by this weekend. Some gradual development of this
system is possible while it moves generally west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.