ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Wed Jul 5 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Satellite data suggests that a low pressure system located about
550 miles southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula has become a little better defined this morning. However,
the associated showers and thunderstorms remain displaced well to
the south of the center. This system still has the potential to
become a tropical depression later today or tonight before it moves
westward into a less favorable environment.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles south of
Manzanillo, Mexico is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to be favorable
for gradual development, and this system is likely to become a
tropical depression this weekend while the disturbance moves
generally westward to west-northwestward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.