ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 PM PDT FRI SEP 23 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A large low pressure area centered about 800 miles south-southwest
of the southern tip of Baja California Sur is producing disorganized
shower and thunderstorm activity. Satellite images indicate that
the low's circulation, although still broad, has become a little
better defined today, and environmental conditions continue to
support the formation of a tropical depression over the weekend.
This disturbance is moving slowly toward the northwest at 5 to 10
mph, and a turn toward the north is expected in a day or two.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent
2. A weak area of low pressure is located about 1700 miles east-
southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Shower and thunderstorm
activity remains limited, but the environment is forecast to become
more favorable for some development in a few days while the
disturbance moves westward at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent