(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT MON SEP 15 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Odile, located inland over the south-central portion of the Baja
1. An elongated low pressure system located several hundred miles
south-southeast of Acapulco, Mexico, is producing a large area of
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are conducive
for development, and this disturbance is likely become a tropical
depression during the next day or two while it moves slowly toward
the west-northwest or northwest.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Cloudiness and thunderstorms associated with a small area of low
pressure located about 1400 miles east-southeast of the Big Island
of Hawaii have become slightly better organized. Some gradual
development of this system is possible during the next several days
while the low moves slowly northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.