(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT WED SEP 10 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Odile, located about 200 miles south-southwest of Lazaro
1. Satellite images indicate that the low pressure system located about
800 miles southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula has become a little less organized, with the center
becoming displaced to the north of the shower and thunderstorm
activity. However, only a slight increase in organization of the
system would lead to the development of a tropical depression, and
advisories could still be initiated tonight or on Thursday while the
low moves northward at about 5 mph. The low is forecast to turn
eastward by Friday and could become absorbed by Odile over the
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms remain disorganized near a broad trough
of low pressure located about 1300 miles southwest of the southern
tip of the Baja California peninsula. Some development of this
system is possible during the next few days while it moves
northward and then northeastward at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Odile are issued under
WMO header WTPZ35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP5.
Forecast/Advisories on Odile are issued under WMO header WTPZ25
KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP5.