(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT WED SEP 10 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on
recently upgraded Tropical Storm Odile, located about 200 miles
south-southwest of Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico.
1. Satellite images indicate that a tropical depression may be
forming about 850 miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the
Baja California peninsula. If current trends continue, advisories
will likely be initiated on this system later today or tonight.
This system is expected to move slowly northward during the next
couple of days and then turn eastward after that.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located about 1300 miles southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is producing
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some development of this
system is possible during the next few days while it moves slowly
northward and then northeastward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Odile are issued under
WMO header WTPZ35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP5.
Forecast/Advisories on Odile are issued under WMO header WTPZ25
KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP5.