(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT WED SEP 10 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on newly formed
Tropical Depression Fifteen-E, located a couple of hundred miles
southwest of Acapulco, Mexico.
1. An area of low pressure located about 800 miles south-southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is showing signs
of organization. This low could become a tropical depression
during the next day or two before upper-level winds become
unfavorable. This system is expected to move slowly northward during
the next couple of days and then turn eastward after that.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located about 1300 miles southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is producing
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some development of this
system is possible during the next few days while it moves slowly
northward and then northeastward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Fifteen-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP5.
Forecast/Advisories on Fifteen-E are issued under WMO header WTPZ25
KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP5.