(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT TUE SEP 9 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Low pressure centered a couple hundred miles south-southwest of
Acapulco, Mexico, continues to show signs of organization.
Environmental conditions are conducive for additional development,
and a tropical depression could form later tonight or on Wednesday
while the low moves slowly northwestward just offshore the
southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A small area of low pressure located about 875 miles
south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula has become a little better organized during the day.
However, significant development of this system is not anticipated
while it moves generally northward and then northeastward during the
next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.