(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 PM PDT WED AUG 13 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Karina, located several hundred miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. An elongated area of low pressure located about 1200 miles
east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Gradual development of this system is
expected, and a tropical depression could form during the next few
days while it moves slowly northward or northwestward. This system
could move into the Central Pacific basin on Friday or this weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form well south-southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula in a couple of
days. Some gradual development of this system is possible this
weekend and early next week while the system moves generally
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 day...low...20 percent.