(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT TUE AUG 12 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located about 300 miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico have
continued to become better organized. Environmental conditions are
conducive for further development, and a tropical depression is
expected to form tonight or on Wednesday while the system moves
westward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms have increased in association with an
elongated area of low pressure centered about 1400 miles east-
southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Environmental conditions are
expected to become more conducive for development in a couple of
days when the system enters the Central Pacific Hurricane Center's
area of responsibility.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.