(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT TUE AUG 12 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located a few hundred miles south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico
have become a little better organized. Environmental conditions
are expected to be conducive for development, and a tropical
depression could form tonight or on Wednesday while the system moves
westward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A broad but disorganized area of disturbed weather is centered
about 1500 miles east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii.
Environmental conditions are expected to become more conducive for
development in a couple of days when the system enters the Central
Pacific Hurricane Center's area of responsibility.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.