(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT FRI AUG 1 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Iselle, located more than a thousand miles west-southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located about 550 miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, are
gradually becoming better organized. Environmental conditions are
conducive for development, and this system is likely to become a
tropical depression over the weekend as it moves westward at about
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Shower activity remains minimal in association with a weak low
pressure area located about 1200 miles east-southeast of the Big
Island of Hawaii. Upper-level winds are not currently conducive
for development, but they could become a slightly more favorable in
a few days while the low moves generally westward at around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.