(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 PM PDT THU JUL 31 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Iselle, located more than a thousand miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. An area of low pressure located about 1325 miles east-southeast of
the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized shower and
thunderstorm activity. Upper-level winds are not particularly
favorable, and any development of this system should be slow to
occur while it moves westward at around 10 mph during the next few
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. A large area of showers and thunderstorms continues in association
with a tropical wave located several hundred miles southwest of
Acapulco, Mexico. Some gradual development of this system is
expected during the next few days while it moves westward at 10 to
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Iselle are issued under WMO header WTPZ34 KNHC
and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP4. Forecast/Advisories on Iselle are
issued under WMO header WTPZ24 KNHC and under AWIPS header