(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT SUN JUL 27 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Hernan, located several hundred miles south-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a low pressure area
located about 1500 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of the
Baja California peninsula has increased somewhat but remains poorly
organized. Upper-level winds are expected to remain unfavorable for
significant development while the low moves westward at 5 to 10 mph
over the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. An area of low pressure could form well south of southern Mexico
by later this week. Some gradual development of this system is
possible after that time while it moves west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.