ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT FRI SEP 16 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ian, located several hundred miles east of Cape Race,
Newfoundland, on Tropical Storm Julia, located offshore of the South
Carolina coast, and on Tropical Storm Karl, located several hundred
miles west-northwest of the Cabo Verde Islands.
1. An elongated area of low pressure over the northwestern Gulf of
Mexico is producing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity.
Development of this system, if any, should be slow to occur before
it moves inland over Texas by tonight.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent
2. A tropical wave moving off of the coast of Africa into the far
eastern Atlantic is expected to move west-northwestward for the next
few days. Some development of this system is possible before
conditions become less favorable for tropical cyclone formation by
the middle of next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent