ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT THU SEP 8 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A large but disorganized area of disturbed weather located about
700 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated
with a westward-moving tropical wave. Any development of this
system will likely be slow to occur during the next couple of days.
However, conditions are forecast to become more favorable early next
week, and a tropical depression could form in the central Atlantic
while the system moves northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent
2. A large area of cloudiness with showers and a few thunderstorms
located about 200 miles east of the northern Leeward Islands is
associated with a weak disturbance. Surface pressures remain high
in this area, and there are no signs of a surface circulation.
During the next few days, this system is expected to move west-
northwestward at 15 to 20 mph, and conditions are not expected to
be conducive for significant development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent