(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 AM EDT FRI SEP 19 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Edouard, located several hundred miles west-northwest of the
1. Showers and thunderstorms have increased in association with a
broad area of low pressure centered between west Africa and the
Cape Verde Islands. Some development of this system is possible
over the next few days before upper-level winds are forecast to
become less conducive by early next week. This low is expected to
move slowly west-northwestward and could bring heavy rainfall to
portions of the Cape Verde Islands this weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
2. A non-tropical area of low pressure is expected to form off of the
east coast of Florida over the weekend. This system has some
potential to acquire subtropical or tropical characteristics while
it moves northeastward near or offshore of the southeastern coast of
the United States.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.