(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 PM EDT TUE SEP 9 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Shower activity associated with a broad area of low pressure located
a few hundred miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands has changed
little in organization during the past several hours. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development of
this disturbance during the next several days while it moves
west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An area of showers and thunderstorms just east of the central and
southeastern Bahamas is associated with a weak surface trough of low
pressure. Slow development of this system is possible during the
next few days as it moves west-northwestward or westward at about
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.