(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT SUN SEP 7 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A large area of cloudiness and disorganized thunderstorms located
over the far eastern Atlantic is associated with a tropical wave
that recently emerged off the west coast of Africa. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development
of this disturbance during the next several days while it moves
westward or west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.
2. A small area of low pressure located about 650 miles west of the
Cape Verde Islands is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to remain
unfavorable for significant development during the next several
days while it moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 10 percent.