2011 Atlantic Hurricane Season
2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023
The National Hurricane Center and Central Pacific Hurricane Center's Tropical Cyclone Reports (TCRs) contain information on all tropical (and subtropical) cyclones that have occurred within the Atlantic, eastern Pacific, and central Pacific basins, including synoptic history, meteorological statistics, casualties and damages, and the post-analysis best track (six-hourly positions and intensities). Beginning in 2023, comprehensive versions of these reports will continue to be provided for all tropical cyclones in which coastal watches and warnings were in effect or direct fatalities were reported, and for other select storms with significant public or research interest (e.g., storms investigated via research field campaigns). Otherwise, abbreviated TCRs will be produced that include a short description of the cyclone’s origin, justification of the analyzed maximum winds and minimum pressure, noteworthy statistics, and the post-analysis best track. The abbreviated TCRs also contain the full suite of tables and figures that are included in the comprehensive reports. Tropical cyclones include depressions, storms and hurricanes. Tropical depressions included below are those that did not reach tropical storm strength. Potential tropical cyclones listed below are disturbances that NHC issued advisories on based on their threat to land, but which failed to develop into tropical cyclones.
- Tropical Storm Arlene – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Bret – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Cindy – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Don – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Emily – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Franklin – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Gert – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Harvey – PDF – KMZ
- Hurricane Irene1 – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Depression Ten – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Jose – PDF – KMZ
- Hurricane Katia – PDF – KMZ
- Unnamed Tropical Storm2 – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Lee – PDF – KMZ
- Hurricane Maria – PDF – KMZ
- Hurricane Nate3 – PDF – KMZ
- Hurricane Ophelia – PDF – KMZ
- Hurricane Philippe – PDF – KMZ
- Hurricane Rina – PDF – KMZ
- Tropical Storm Sean – PDF – KMZ
- Irene updated 11 April 2013
- This unnamed tropical storm was identified in post-season analysis.
- Nate was reclassified to hurricane status in post-storm analysis.
A brief overview of the hurricane season is available in the 2011 Atlantic Annual Summary (PDF).
Atlantic Tropical Cyclone Tracks
If you have trouble viewing linked files, obtain a free viewer for the file format: