ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Mon Jun 7 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A broad area of low pressure located about 700 miles south of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is producing a limited
amount of showers and thunderstorms. Significant development of
this system is not expected due to strong upper-level winds and
nearby dry air. The disturbance is forecast to move slowly
west-southwestward during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A broad trough of low pressure is expected to form a couple of
hundred miles south of the coasts of southern Mexico, El Salvador,
and Guatemala in a day or two. Environmental conditions appear
favorable for some development thereafter, and a tropical depression
could form by the end of the week as the system moves slowly
northwestward or northward. Regardless of development, this system
could produce heavy rainfall over portions of Central America and
southern Mexico later this week and into the weekend. See products
from your local meteorological service for more information.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.