ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Wed Aug 31 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Offshore of Southwestern Mexico:
A tropical wave located a few hundred miles south of Manzanillo,
Mexico is producing a large area of disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to be
conducive for gradual development during the next few days, and a
tropical depression is expected to form later this week or by
this weekend. The system is forecast to move west-northwestward or
northwestward, likely remaining a few hundred miles off the coast of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. South of Southern Mexico:
An area of low pressure is forecast to form south of the southern
coast of Mexico by late this week. Gradual development of this
system is possible thereafter, and a tropical depression could
form by early next week while the disturbance moves westward or
west-northwestward near the coast of southern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.