ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Fri Aug 5 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Offshore of Southwestern Mexico:
Satellite imagery indicates a broad area of low pressure located
offshore of the coasts of southern and southwestern Mexico continues
to produce an elongated area of showers and a few thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions appear conducive for development of this
system, and a tropical depression is likely to form this weekend.
The system is forecast to move generally west-northwestward at about
15 mph through early next week, remaining well offshore of the coast
of southwestern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Well Southeast of the Main Hawaiian Islands:
An area of low pressure could form over the far western portion of
the eastern Pacific basin this weekend. Environmental conditions
should allow for some gradual development of this system, and a
tropical depression could form during the early or middle part of
next week while it moves quickly westward over the central Pacific
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.