ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Fri Aug 6 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
Recently downgraded Tropical Depression Jimena has crossed into the
Central Pacific basin and is located about 1000 miles east of Hilo,
Hawaii. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center in Honolulu, Hawaii,
will be issuing the next advisory on Jimena at 500 PM HST.
1. Showers and thunderstorms are beginning to show some signs of
organization in association with a broad area of low pressure
located a couple of hundred miles south of the coast of southwestern
Mexico. Environmental conditions are conducive for additional
development, and a tropical depression is expected to form late
this weekend or early next week while the system moves
west-northwestward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to develop a few hundred miles
south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec by early next week. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development
thereafter while the system moves west-northwestward at about 10
mph, parallel to and offshore of the coast of southern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.