ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Tue Aug 3 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Hilda, located more than 1000 miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula, and on Tropical
Depression Ignacio, located about 400 miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. A low pressure system associated with the remnants of Tropical
Depression Nine-E is producing limited and disorganized shower
activity more than 1600 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of
the Baja California peninsula. Environmental conditions are
expected to be somewhat conducive for development over the next day
or so, and a tropical depression is likely to form tonight or
Wednesday while the system moves northwestward at 5 to 10 mph. By
late Thursday, further development is not expected as the system is
forecast to move over cooler waters.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to develop a few hundred miles
south of the southern coast of Mexico late this week. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be conducive for some gradual development
this weekend while the system remains offshore and moves
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, roughly parallel to the coast of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.